First established in the 1950s by Brian Taylor, the business has evolved over the years from being a one-man-band to having a team of highly-experienced and trained professionals based at a unique showroom in the heart of Sussex. Brian’s son, James Taylor is now at the helm.
Owner James Taylor
Thank you for visiting our website, and taking the time to find out a bit more about the business!
From an early age, my Dad noticed a passion in me to find and install the very best in flooring – it can’t be underestimated just how much it adds to a room’s look and feel.
I’m really proud that the business has expanded since the early days and that not only was I the UK’s first approved Amtico installer, but that we are approved installers for a large range of high-quality flooring.
I worked directly for Amtico for a number of years; in the mid-90s I opened the first Amtico Showroom in the UK and haven’t looked back.
I still have a passion for installing today, and quite often will be on the job with my team, delivering the best service possible to our great customers.
Our Showroom in Hurstpierpoint houses a huge selection of samples from Amtico to Bolon, carpets, rubber and hardwood flooring. Please do visit to take a look around, but be prepared to stay a while – the time flies when you have so much choice!
What you can expect
- It all starts with you calling or emailing us, or you dropping into our Showroom in Hurstpierpoint to decide on the best flooring to suit you and your room/s. From there we can arrange a home or site visit
- When we visit your home or site, we assess each space and take detailed measurements – applying these to our unique CAD planning system, which generates a detailed quantification and quotation
- If you like what you see on the quote, we will order your chosen flooring and book in a date for the installation
- That day arrives! Our fitter/s will turn up at the arranged time and talk through the process. From there, you can slip out the door, to work or somewhere more fun and trust that our guys will get on with the job in hand
- The work could take more than one day to execute, but we will always (where possible) leave your room usable that evening. Where screeding compounds are used, a couple of hours drying time may be required. Once the floor is complete, we will tidy up, take away any old floor coverings and waste with us, and present you with a Fabulous Floor.